Sunday, December 11, 2016

workbench-top glue-up # 1



The glue-up


I decided to do the entire glue up in one shot.  Big mistake.  Spreading that much glue over that many pieces of wood and fitting them together is practically impossible to do before the glue sets!  What a mess!    I fit the pieces with one side flat on the floor because I couldn't think of another way to make sure that one side remained flat.  Its not ideal since it will make one side of the glue-up dry faster than the other but it seemed to be ok.

Layed them out to see how the fit was.


I didn't show any of the actual glue up process since it was painful and I was sore and pissed!  Here it is partially dried 

Here it is after drying  (mostly)  This was several days after the initial glue-up.  The bottom showed some glue was still wet!

I let it sit like this for a couple of weeks to assure the glue was nice and cured.




No comments:

Post a Comment