Sunday, January 15, 2017

Wood shop/metal shop updates

Metalshop-woodshop dust partition


Finally got around to putting up a partition between the dusty woodshop and the "cleanroom" metal shop.  I had found that some of the metal tools that I obtained last year were starting to rust because of the wood dust on them!   Simplest practical solution that I came up with was to build a dust shield partition between the two sections.   I had planned this for sometime, that's why the metal machines are laid out that way in my shop!

But first - I had to clean up all the crap from the workbench top!  This took almost a day.  Still not entirely one, but the bulk of it is up.


Ack!  My nice new 4 jaw chuck is rusting!

wood dust goes everywhere!

I have a lot of cleanup ahead of me..

Going to put the dust barrier as close to the rafter near the window as possible


I used construction adhesive to attach the base 2x4's to the floor.  

I use my framing nailer to drive the nails. I put the studs in 2 ft apart and sideways since this is not for structural purposes - its just got to hold up some plastic!

One side sheathed in plastic






Looking up into the rafters.  I have crap stored up there that needed to be moved.


All the sheeting is up now.  All the way to the roof.  Sure blocks the light...



No comments:

Post a Comment