Friday, September 8, 2017

Generator test and start


Generator preparation for hurricane season.


I have been pretty bad at taking care of my generator at the city house, but since there are some hurricanes threatening to stop by, I thought I would check it out.  Of course, it would start and run.  It started (with the cord pull only, since the battery was dead - although i think there might be another electrical problem too), but would only run for a short time.  I looked up the model number for the machine and started some diagnostics. 

As with the lawnmower up at the farm earlier this year, it turned out that the carburetor jets needed cleaning.    I got it running reliably and making electricity!





These pictures aren't that interesting, I know - but I am saving them here where I can find them if I need them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment