Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quick note - update from end of last weekend & backhoe delivery arranged


Busy with work, but I wanted to get this note in before I forgot the details!

Katherine canned 13 cups (half-pints - lol) of thick tomato sauce Saturday (?) and I added another 7 pints (plus 1 C - half-pint)  a day later.  Tomatoes are going bad fast - most are going bad without ripening! :(

Katherine has some ideas for tomato pickles and tomato relish.  I hope we have time before too many are lost to spoilage!

I texted Seth Fenby yesterday and arranged for the backhoe to be delivered this week.  I got a call from the hauler yesterday who got directions to our farm.  He said he hoped to get it delivered today (Wednesday!)  I was hoping to be there for delivery, but this will do - I just hope its in good shape and there aren't any delivery issues!  I am considering going up tonight and working from the farm tomorrow!  Very excited!








No comments:

Post a Comment