Friday, January 8, 2016

Gearing up the lathe!


New quick change tool post and some tools!


I put in an order through Enco for a new QC tool post along with some cutting fluid, toolposts, and toolbars (no boring bars - yet).  I didn't realize it at the time, but on of the 5 tool holders includes a knurling tool!  The thing I overlooked when ordering was that the tool holders was only for .5" toolbars and not .75" toolbars.  But, I ordered a set of .5" toolbars and .75 " toolbars!  I did check and found that I can order toolholders for this QC toolpost that support larger toolbars.  BTW, a XL toolpost with .75" slots holds a max size of 5/8" inch tools!  I am going to wait until the .75" toolbars get here to get an idea of what toolholder I will need to hold them.





I will have to check, but I am pretty sure this is for cutting too.

My old layout fluid dried up!

No comments:

Post a Comment