Monday, February 24, 2014

No-Knead Bread Recipe


I keep losing this recipe in all my files so when I finally found it I decided to post it here in my blog!


No Knead Bread

7 1/2 C.Whole Wheat Flour
6 tsp. Dry Yeast or 2 Pkts.
1 Cup Warm Water
1 T. Honey
2 tsp. salt
4T. Molasses
Warm water as needed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place flour in large bowl to warm about 20 min. in warm oven.

Dissolve the salt, honey and yeast in 1 cup of warm water.

Combine yeast, honey and salt mixture to warmed flour and enough water to make a sticky dough.

Place in greased pans. 2 large or 3 small. Let rise 1 hour or until double in size.


Bake 30 to 40 min.

Let cool in pan for 10 min.


-----------

I have used this recipe for years.   Here are some pictures of my process:

My Nutrimill flour mill.  I love this thing!  Fast and quiet (comparatively speaking - its about the same as a vacuum cleaner).  I use it for wheat and corn.

I keep my wheat in Mylar bags with oxygen scrubbers.  The bags are inside of a 5 gallon bucket.  These are great for long term storage.  You can buy wheat this way from survival "prep" stores, or put them together yourself.   I have done it both ways and the wheat can be stored for at least 2 years this way.  Probably more.

Wheat with a small amount of flax seed on top.  I grind a small amount of flax with my wheat because the flour mill can't handle milling flax by itself.


Everything in there except for the water.

Mixed with water.  Ready to put in the loaf pans.

Put the mixed dough into the pans and then let it rise for about an hour (or until doubled).  I usually put mine in a warm oven (I set the oven on its lowest setting for about 15 mins while I'm mixing the stuff, then turn the oven off and put the loaf pans in to rise).

After rising.  Ready to bake!

Fresh out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment