Sunday, December 21, 2014

More sawmill and jelly

Woodshed


I decided to build a small woodshed to store the firewood currently in my shop.   I have about 3 cords of fire wood in the shop and I want that space!   Anyway, I  will be building a polebarn type frame and need 6 poles.  So I searched my lumber pile and found 4 poles that are about the right size around and long  (9-10ft).  I have a number of long poles that are larger diameter, so I took one of those and used the chainsaw-mill to cut it in half.  I  still need to clean the bark off these poles before I can place them in the ground.




Making jelly from frozen berries


I finally got some time to make jelly from all of the frozen berries in my freezer!  I started with the raspberries and blackberries (they are all mixed up - so I just made a mixed jelly!)  Here is the "jam" that I made - this stuff is GREAT!

Yeah, there is more than one canner load shown here.  Was dicey, but I made one batch of jelly and did 2 canner loads from it!  Not normally advised, but this jam was very forgiving.

I made 6 pints and 12 half-pints!  

No comments:

Post a Comment