Monday, December 22, 2014

Bandsaw mill and elderberry jelly

I went over to the woodmizer outlet in Shade Gap this morning.   Talked with them quite a bit and am pretty much sold on the Woodmizer LT15.  I watch the guy demo it.  It sawed through oak like nothing!  Was very fast, although it was freshly harvested.  They did say that some people do she their lumber before sawing.  Up to a year.   So maybe my logs are OK?   I should get some useful lumber out of them anyway.
I did up the last of frozen berries tonight.  Elderberry!   I got 5 cups of juice from which I made 9 half-pints of jelly. I will boil the pulp and get the 2nd juice tomorrow. I'll probably just freeze it for later. Or maybe make elderberry soda? Hmmm

Pumpkin leather
I pulled the pumpkin leather out of the drier and wrapped it up.  I got 9 nice little rolls!  I also took the dehydrated pumpkin out and powdered it as best I could.  This was the cooked pumpkin leftover from making the leather and it had some oil in it from the baking pan.  I am keeping it in a separate jar from the other dehydrated pumpkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment