Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bad weather weekend.


Canning Shelf complete?


I stayed at the city house this weekend because weather reports indicated that I may not be able to get in and out of the farm house safely. I am pretty sure I could have,  in retrospect.  Oh well.
This gave me a chance to paint the canning shelves here.   Painting does take a lot of time. 

Safe and sound in its corner.  I still need to add and position the actual shelves.
Slightly different angle.
More shelves in the process of being painted.

I didn't have enough paint to finish painting the last shelf that I had (I had 5 shelves - but I can add more to the unit).   I will go get some paint later.  I am somewhat concerned that the plywood shelves may not be strong enough not to bend under load.  I don't want a shelving collapse with all of my canned goods destroyed!  I may reinforce the plywood by screwing on some angle-iron channel along the sides of each shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment