Sunday, May 17, 2015

Putting out the seedlings!


Planting the seedlings in PA

We took the seedlings for the cabbages, eggplant, bok choy, and tomatoes with us this weekend so that I could plant them at the farm.  It was dry at the farm, a little too dry for my tastes, but not so much that I needed to water anything - yet.  Anyway, I got right into planting the seedlings because I was afraid of the predicted rain storms catching me.  I had a problem with the black plastic.. not that I ran out but that I didn't have enough sod staples to hold it down!  I used rocks as best I could.  While I was here I got noticed that the staples got delivered to the city house, so next weekend I can reinforce the rocks, as needed.  I have some figures for the garden layout (planned and actual); see below. 

Big patch layout - to date.  Big section in the center there needs something - if not, then at least cover with BP.

Front patches.  Squash needs to go in yet, but the tomatoes are in! and everything else looks good.  I need to start putting down more weedblocking paper or cardboard - weeds are starting to grow fast!

Paw-paw garden.  Beans an pumpkins are up!  Probably need to thin next weekend.  Hopefully, I will have my sweet-potatoes to put in then too!  Sweet-potatoes go on the left.


General overview of front lawn.


General overview of front lawn. 

General overview of front lawn.

front patch - unfenced part.  the tomatoes are in!

you can see the tomatoes!

The potatoes and onions are coming along too

See the little corn plant coming up?

Strawberries blooming!

Big patch

The cabbages are in!

I think I had better put some black plastic down on the center there before the weeds take over!

See the cabbages?  They look like they transplanted well.

Bok choy on the right there.  Eggplants are further down that row

Peas are coming along.  I need to start de-weeding

Cucumbers are up!

castor beans are behind the cuc's.  They're not up yet.

Big empty area in the middle!  2nd corn crop? Maybe?

elderberries showing blossom activity!

I am hopeful of a good harvest this year!

Paw-paw patch

Green beans are coming up!

Lots of green beans!

And shell beans!

Pumpkin!

More pumpkin




Add caption


And I made a carpenter bee trap.  No bees yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment