Saturday, September 5, 2015

Pictures from around the farm


Morning walk

It rained last night.  Well, early this morning really.  Since it was wet I decided to wait for the grass to dry before mowing.  Katherine and I went for a walking tour and took some pictures.


Sweet potatoes in the big patch are going nuts!


Broccoli directly in back of the sweet potatoes.  Looks like I will have some more broc yet!

The Big Patch.  Quite a bit of life in there yet!

Castor beans have renewed growth since the rains!



Jewel weed (orange) and Flea Bane (purple)



Red flower - I don't know what it is, but its pretty!
We did some research and found out that this is "Scarlet Lobelia" 


I remember seeing this a long time ago, the first summer I had this place.

The first 2 years this area was overgrown with brush and weeds, but there was a pretty red flower - I remember it!


I am very happy it survived and even flourishes!

The rains caused lots of new blossoms on things.  Here is a extremely large yellow squash (or pumpkin) blossom.


No comments:

Post a Comment