Sunday, September 18, 2016

Beans are DONE - and some rain - finally!



Last of the bean picking for this year!


I finally got to finish picking the shell beans this past weekend.  The "velour" beans are same and were crowded with weeds, so picking them took quite some time.  I got them done Sunday morning, before the rain really started.

Now, to shell them all out!  UGH


More harvest


I got out to pick the strawberries, summer squash and tomatoes before we left.  Good amount of the tomatoes came from the volunteers!  Not sure how we are going to preserve these - some will go to FDer for sure, but other might be frozen for FDing later?  Or maybe I will make some chili base for eating now?  We will see.



Family reunion!

Saturday we went over to my cousin Patsies house for the family reunion.  We took coleslaw, some zucchini muffins and some of my concord wine.    Here are some pics:


Panoramic view

Panoramic view

Paul's grove of black walnut - like 35 years old! 



The puppies stayed in their cages for the most part.  We did take them out on leashes to go walkies.

There were a good number of dogs there so taking the cages was a great idea.



We had a good time and reconnected with some cousins and their kin.  As usual, I ate too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment