Sunday, September 11, 2016

BEANS!



Yep - picking more beans.  Slow slow process with the "velour" beans.  Fortunately (in this regards anyway) the weather has been so dry that the grass hasn't grown much, therefore I did not need to mow.   I think I got all but 1/4 of the "velour" beans picked.  Here is a final picture of the patch as I left this weekend (its a panorama - the garden is not curved!)



I did pick some crops - the strawberries, the zucchini, brussel sprouts, and tomatoes:




You Have to zoom in to see the berries - but they are doing quite well considering the drought!

Good number of nice looking berries there!



I put the brussel sprouts and the zucchini in the same tray - sprouts cover most of the zucchini - but they are there!  About 6 of them I think.  I let the sprouts go too long and they started sprouting !

Tomatoes are less than last week but still doing well.  Especially since we aren't looking to preserve a great many this year!  These will probably go into the FDer.  Some of last weeks went into freezer because the freeze-dryer can't keep up!

Big tree came down!


The big tree that was hung up out in back of the house finally came down!  I am not sure when it happened - maybe last Friday.   I still need to clean it up a bit.  There are some widow-makers hanging on in the trees yet.  Kind of letting them sort themselves out before I go in there to clean!



Broke out a section of this tree too.

Nice little bridge across gully!


Not sure if this bug damage was before or after it broke.  Woodpecker damage too.




Widow-maker!



No comments:

Post a Comment