Sunday, March 5, 2017

fruit tree care, weather reversal - again, and some water tanks


Water tank delivery


I got up to the farm early so that I could be there for my water tank delivery.  They delivered using a small panel truck with a lift gate (which I didnt need since I have fork lift). Here is what they look like:






I checked each and they are super clean inside.  Two of them smell like dishwashing liquid and one has no smell at all.  Excellent!  I need to figure out where I am going to store them.  I plan on using these to store water in case of drought later in the year.  Last year it got so dry I was afraid that some of the trees would die (one did, but I don't think it was from being dry).


Weird Weather


Was warm Friday.  Then weather changed (again) and was snowing like crazy the next day!  





Fruit tree care



Fortunately, while it was still warm, I finished trimming the fruit trees!  Finally got around to spraying them with dormant oil.  Also sprayed the grape vines too.  It took 7 gallons of spray.  I put an order in for a tow behind sprayer.


I didn't trim as aggressively this year.  The trees are getting mature now and I just need to trim out problem branches.





No comments:

Post a Comment