Sunday, May 14, 2017

Baby birds. Auger holder. Deer damage


Baby birds

This crazy wren had build her nest inside my workshop ON TOP of my bolts and other fasteners! The bugger.  Well, the eggs finally hatched (actually - they hatched fairly quickly I think).  So the nest was full of little birds this weekend!



There sure are a bunch of them in there!  I have no idea how she is going to get them outside to learn to fly!

 Broken Cherry Trees!


Dang deer are after these cherry trees in a major way!

Nibbled off the new sprouts!

And broke the top clear out of this tree!  Buggers!  Now I will have to put tree cages on all of these



I got most of the cherry trees caged now.



Auger holder

When I went to attached the auger to the tractor to dig the holes for the garden fence I found it to be less than cooperative!  Actually, it almost crushed me.  Grrr.  So I finally got to working on this auger holder idea I have had.  Built mostly of locust wood (some of the cross supports are oak) - it is heavy but sturdy!  It works great!  I managed to move it out of the garage (where I built it) and remove the auger onto it without much trouble.  I guess the real test is when I go to re-attach the auger!


















No comments:

Post a Comment