Sunday, May 21, 2017

Locust blooming


Locust trees are in bloom!


They are all over!  I can't believe that I never noticed them before!  Just goes to show me that I don't pay attention to the here and now enough.  I have to focus on being more mindful,






I mean - they are everywhere!  I even noticed them all along the roadways.  How did I miss these?


Strawberries

They are growing!  The old plants have lots of berries coming along.  The new plants are grabbing hold.




Even the new plants are starting to bloom!

Both rows of the new plants are ever-bearing varieties.

Tree status


Went around the farm checking on the status of the trees.  Some that looked dead are spruting out!  Most ofthe new ones have some signs of life.  

I believe this is a prior year pecan tree.  Some got set back due to wet weather and cold (I  think).

Butternut tree that was girded by some critter is sprouting out near the base!

One of this years pecans?   Or maybe one of this years black walnuts?

Ginko!  Some are showing these brown edges on their leaves.  In fact, some look dead from whatever that is.  Possibly too much water?  Or maybe the roots did not seat well?  I did plant these in rough sod, so good root contact with soil was hard to ensure.




Raspberry trellis


I finally got around to putting the wire between the stakes to make the raspberry trellis.  Mixed feelings about this because the plant spreads by runners - putting all of the branches up on the trellis will make it hard for the plant to spread.  I do want it to spread - at least some.  The patch is sparse in a few areas.















No comments:

Post a Comment