Sunday, October 22, 2017

More hickory nuts and a wrong date.


Shelling nuts.  I have a lot to go!


Shelling these goes real slow!  Kind of zen-like though.  Maybe good for practicing mindfulness?







Saving the shells for possible use in smoking meat!  We gave these to my neighbor in the city, he likes to smoke stuff!


Cabbage, eggplant and summer squash (!!!) harvest.



The cabbage are not very big, but I still got more than I could use.  The eggplants were just because we got the seeds mixed up in the cabbage seeds.  Of course, summer squash, I mean it's almost November!  Wow!



Wrong weekend for the yard sale


We got the weekends mixed up with regard to when the "big yard sale weekend" was supposed to be held.  Partly because when we were out at TSC last weekend at a sidewalk/harvest sale, one of the vendors had signs up saying the Grease, steam and rust show was this weekend - which normally corresponds to the big yard sale weekend.  Anyway, the big yard sale weekend (and the grease, steam, and rust show) are NEXT weekend.


Katherine made some nice signs!  I placed them out by the entrance to our road.  Didn't get much traffic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment