Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the 13th farm survey

I came up late Thursday so I could be here early Friday morning to be here for the tractor to be picked up (I called Hines in Everett to fix the radiator and maybe the backhoe!)  Well, I am here now around 10:30 am and no sign of them!  I called and they said sometime this afternoon!  ARGG.  With facing afternoon traffic out of DC and the rains (heavy rains and flash flooding in some areas along the way - Clear Spring MD looked like a hurricane moved through there!) it took me almost 4 hours to get here!

Anyway, I have been out and about to survey the farm.  The gardens look like the weeds are going to win :(  I can't get in to put down mulch!  The "paw paw" patch looks like some of the plants might survive.   Very poor showing on the carrots and beets though.  The kale looks a bit rough too - but I planted so much I might get some anyway.  I just cant bear to post picture of the patches yet.  I should, I know - maybe later.



Many of the elderberries that I planted last year are bloom!  I hope I get a nice crop this year.  I want some elderberry jelly!

Dead red-tailed hawk .  Weird.  I found one last year near a utility pole too.




Grape trellis top braces are on and lower wire in place.  I have been rushing to get this up.  I am now training some of the little grape vines to the lowest wire! 

No comments:

Post a Comment