Monday, June 9, 2014

Greens!


I have been getting some greens off my garden in the city!  I have frozen a couple pounds of turnip and radish greens and one pound of kale so far.  I blanch, then dry somewhat, then vacuum pack and freeze.  I have also picked some of the mustard greens and braised them with some sausage.  The sausage I used was a bit strange and didn't really match the greens very well, but nonetheless, it was still pretty good.  I had it for several meals.  Katherine wouldn't eat it - she really didn't like that sausage flavor!  

I picked some more radishes when I got back this past weekend and just cleaned them, sliced of the radish root fairly thin, and did a quick stir fry - wilting with olive oil and some salt.  Was actually pretty good.  Here are some pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment