Monday, January 5, 2015

Xmas over-view


Lots of stuff - too busy to post!

here is just a bunch of pictures.

This is how I brought it home!

Its off the trailer now.  I had to put the flail mower on the tractor because the sawmill package weighed to much and threatened to tip the tractor!


Sawmill on the ground and out of the rain

Unwrapped

Sawmill head removed from packaging

Sawmill rails laid out.

Sawmill rails leveled and aligned (this took about a day and a half!)

Sawmill head placed on the rails!  Whew.  Nervewracking

First cut!

Root beer ready!  A short break

Its very fizzy, but the flavor isn't what I remember.  

Milling a long ash log (I think)

5 inch cant



Got some nice boards - 16 foot, if I recall


Can make some really thin boards on this mill!

Ahh, there's stress in this cant!  Look at how it bows!


Moving a big piece of maple to the mill.

This one is close tot he tipping point of the tractor even with the flail mower on the back!

I found this hayloft door that I think could be useful for ventilation 

Marked off my planned woodshed.

Used the auger to dig some holes for the poles for the woodshed

Here are the poles

Made some "E2"  - added water tot he elderberry pulp left from the earlier jelly making and got enough good juice to the make these 7 half-pints of "E2" jelly.  This stuff is actually pretty good!

I debarked the poles and put them up to paint them with my copper napthenate

9% copper napthenate

After "painting" with 2 coats.

Connected the 2 sides of the canning shelves.  

Ready to cut the actual shelving boards.

Poles are dry and ready to plant

The poles are aligned using the boards

Poles are backfilled.  Ready for the next step!

No comments:

Post a Comment