Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Canned the remaining peaches!


I brought the peaches back to the "city" house to process.  I got to them Tuesday night.  Thanks goodness that I didn't wait any longer - they were well on their way to decomposing!

Anyway, they took ages to clean and process because they were so small!  I was up until 11:30pm.

After all the processing, I got 6 quarts and a bit less than one pint.  Total  from mom's peaches is then 4.5+6.5 = 11 quarts.  Not bad.  Unfortunately, one of the quarts I processed last night did not seal, so I placed it in the fridge.  I will make a pie or just eat them.  I looked at the lid and think it was a bad lid seal that caused the failure.  There were 2 indentations in the rubber portion that may have caused the issue.

The one with the canning band on is the one that didn't seal.  The pint in back is mostly full, but not entirely.


No comments:

Post a Comment