Sunday, June 25, 2017

UGH! more rain?


Enough already!

I mean really?  We need rain, of course - but can we keep it under 2 inches per week?  Nice steady rains are preferred - these downpours are rough on the garden!


Water is RUNNING through the bean patch

Washed alot of dirt down in the front patch too


Washed a gully in the corn!

corn gully

Pris

tine apples need support!


I didn't think these apples (or any of the fruit this year) so they are in danger of breaking down the tree!  Pristine are a very early apple - ready in mid-July.   I placed some boards up to support the tree.  I am hoping that the critters don't use the board as a ramp to get at them!











Peach tree status - "June drop" not so bad! (so far)


Normally in June the peach trees will drop a good amount of fruit and leaves - this is known as  "June drop".  This year, so far, the drop has been relatively light.








Big widow-maker came down


I was walking the perimeter and came across a big widow maker near the sheep field.  Glad I wasn't mowing when this thing came down!  I had to go get the tractor to move this thing.






Hay field 



My neighbor got around to making hay this weekend.  He did the part below the locusts this year.  Very nice!  Saves me having to flail mow so much.






Grapes and spraying


I got my new sprayer working and hit the grapes and the orchard trees with sevin and myclobutanil.  I saw some Japanese beetles out so I wanted to be sure my grapes were protected.








No comments:

Post a Comment