Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Things are growing, July 4th weekend

Things are growing


Despite the weird weather this year, things are growing.  


Beans are up!

These are pinto beans.  Not sure that I have a long enough season here for them.  We will see.

Corn is up and growing fast!

Cabbages and broccoli are slow start  though

Looks like a big elderberry crop this year!


These babies are loaded!  I am thinking maybe over 200 lbs of berries this harvest!  UGH!!





Choke berries and choke cherries are getting attacked!


As if they don't have enough "normal" problems of rooting and disease, now they are getting snipped off by something.  Probably rabbits.  I have begun doing a walk around the farm morning and evening to hunt the buggers responsible.







They seem to be good at sprouting out again - but how many times can they do this before they die?

Ginkgo trees are fighting to survive.


They don't get snipped off as often, but they seems to have some rooting issues.  Some are sprouting out.  Some are in such a wet location that I don't know if they will make it.




This one is basically in the swamp.  Still surviving somehow.

Rainbows!


I was out picking stuff up at the various tractor supply company locations this weekend.  Lots of rain and rainbows popping up!  Was very nice!   I got my two 6V batteries for the backhoe and a tire/wheel changing tool.






I also finally remembered to look for the roofer information on the signs along 30!  KLA roofing.  I will have to get a quote for some metal roof on my house.




Backhoe


AS I mentioned above, I got my backhoe batteries!  The beast started up fairly easily, I was impressed.  I moved it out of the garage without too much damage (I broke a piece of siding off around door frame - easily repaired).


These batteries weight almost 45 pounds each!  They fit in a tricky spot where you really can't put your hands!

Here are a couple videos that I posted to youtube.








No comments:

Post a Comment