Sunday, December 31, 2017

Last day of the year!


I have another 5 posts cut to length (I cut them to 98 inches long) and ready to soak.  I counted the posts I have still in the pile and am pretty sure I have about 17 in total.  There are 2 that are 4.5x4.5 inches, I will probably use these as the arbor posts.  I am considering using 3 posts per corner of the grape fenced region.  I will need one (or two) for the gate.  So I will need 17 JUST for the fence!  I need 2 more 5x5s.  I might actually have them in the barn.  I have to look over the lumber stacks.

4 posts done!  5th one is in the trough soaking.  Interesting how the color varies depending on the type of wood.  I think I have basswood, red oak, and white oak here.







Considering how much I splash out, I am glad that I decided to do the soaking out in the barn and not in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment