Monday, March 17, 2014

Milling machine move - part 2

This is a follow on to the previous milling machine post.   Check out the captions on the pictures below.


First brace installed.  I used long deck screws instead of the threaded rod approach  I had planned on.

Second brace installed.


The hoist is in place.  Lift away!

Its off the ground!

A better view.  Only the back is off the ground though...

The front, shown here, is still on the floor!

This shows the removal of the bolts holding the mill to the pallet.

Pallet is separated!

Mill is hanging off the ground, fully supported by the crane!


I put the pipe under the mill and lowered the mill down onto them.

Ready to roll!


Just have to get the crane out of the way now.  This ended up being very difficult because I used long deck screws to attach the braces (oak) to the other pieces (black locust).   They would NOT come out!  I ended up breaking most of the screws off but some would not break so easy.  I had to get out my sawzall and burn a blade on those buggers!  
NOTE TO SELF:  Use the threaded rod approach to attach these braces in the future!  

Freestanding on the rollers!  It look so much smaller without that pallet!  Also, I think that pallet may have added over 200 lbs to the thing!  Very heavy pallet construction and 5/8" steel angle iron braces weigh a lot!

The next step will be to roll the mill into its final resting place. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment