Saturday, March 15, 2014

Update on the door installs


I had a family reunion Saturday (Dad's side), so I wasn't able to get a lot of "farm work" done this weekend.  I am so glad I went though, the reunion was fun as usual!

Anyway, I did take some pictures to update the log of the door installs:

The shop door!  OMG, this one was a mess!  

The rough opening is small, but to make up for that it is not square or plumb! YAY!

Took me almost a whole day to get the door in, shimmed and plumb.  But here it is!

This is all caulked and painted now.

Inside view.  Slightly ajar.

Same view, but closed.  No visible light around the door!  Unlike the old door.

Door stairs outside door all painted and caulked in.



The door under the porch (aka, the root-cellar).  I painted it black.  I don't know why.

I had to paint all of these doors in cooler temperatures than I should have.  Hence the patchiness of the coating.  I really should put a second coat on them - maybe this summer.




Working on painting the cellar now.  Almost done.


No comments:

Post a Comment