Sunday, March 30, 2014

Miscellaneous goings on.. chipping, canning, snowing..


Following on the last post... I did get the chipping done for the debris from the bush trimming.   I didn't take pictures since it just looks the same but with wood chips around the bushes feet!

I finally got around to pressure canning some meat!  I chose venison, since I had a bunch in the freezer that I haven't used as quickly as I thought I would.  The recipe is simple: clean and cook the venison in water, add salt, hot pack in jars, cover with water or broth from cooking (I used both since I ran out of broth), pressure can at 10 lbs pressure for 75 min!  Here are pictures of the results:



I haven't tried any yet because I have plenty of meat already cooked in the fridge.  However, I am curious!  One of these might get opened before too much longer!  I may do more of these if I like them since I have lots of venison in the freezer that I would prefer being in jars on the shelf - especially if we loose power.

Oh, and now this is happening:

My backyard this afternoon, in Silver Spring, Maryland.

See my greenhouse frame on the right?  By this time last year, I had that covered with plants in it getting ready to be put  out in the garden!  ARggggh

No comments:

Post a Comment