Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Aug 19th


Got up late (8:30am)  and started getting ready to leave.

The cement mixer was delivered around 10:30am - wow - just about 5 mins after I got tractor ready with the forks!  Took quick look, but didn't not put the mixer together.

I have an idea for a platform for the wood pile that maybe I wont use the concrete on...  However,I still need the mixer to make the concrete for the footings for the front porch and stairs.

Rained earlier, but now its clearing off and I hope to pick green beans.  I had a Dr's appt which I did over the phone this time.

Picked the green beans!  OMG!  9.5 lbs from PA garden alone (and there are more coming on!).  More here in the raised bed.  I haven't picked them yet.   Waiting to hear from Katherine to see if we freeze them or can them or pickle them or what.

I got the hot plate to use for the pressure canner - I will take it up next weekend. I got my shear pins for the wood chipper and a wine making kit as well.  Trying to get all the boxes out for recycle tomorrow.

I gave Mark and Barbara (neighbors in SS) 4 largish beets from our SS raised bed.  In fact, the beets I gave them were the NEWER beets, not the first ones that I planted here!  The new beets get more light, and maybe water because they are not under a tree, thats all I can think of why they are bigger!









No comments:

Post a Comment