Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend recap - Aug 10-11, 2013

I don't feel like I accomplished much this weekend, but I was busy the whole time and feel tired and sore!

I did, eventually, pick 2 5 gallon buckets full of cucumbers! 
I will work on pickling those today.  I put up some stakes/support for the little sunflowers in the paw-paw garden Sunday.  Picked a few green greens too, same garden.   Green beans aren't quite ready though, they will be better later this week or next.  I trimmed (weed whacker) around paw-paw garden and paw-paw trees. I cleaned the paw-paw tubes too, many were already clear.  I need to go over the persimmons too - there are some persimmon tubes I haven't checked on at all because they are in un-mowed area!

We also picked some corn at mom and dad's when we stopped at their place on the way back home.  I will work on freezing the corn today while I am soaking the cuc's for pickling. 

A note to myself, before I forget, Katherine cautioned me that if I get rabbits that both of us won't be able to go up to the farm on the weekends.  I checked it out on the web and found out that it is ok to leave rabbits unattended for a short time.  A couple of days should not be a problem, 4-5 days though is a bit long due to waste build up in their cages.  In any case, the rabbits need to have adequate water and cooling (if in summer).  Automated food and water provisioning systems are available, but I haven't identified one that I would buy yet.  One forum posting recommended to look at: bass equipment's system.  Looks promising since bass is a preferred supplier by professional rabbit farmers.




No comments:

Post a Comment