Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday August 20th - Green Beans!


I picked the green beans here in SS - got just about a pint.  Katherine and I cleaned, blanched and then froze the green beans that I harvested Monday and today.  We got exactly 8 quarts!  We froze them in the vacuum sealed bags.

I collected the dried dill form the screen in the basement.  It doesn't seem 100% dry to me.  I think I will collect the rest of the herbs here (basil and dill) and dry them using the dehydrator machine.  I need to save the dill up in PA too!

I want to start a lacto-fermentation for some of our cucumbers - just to see how well it works.  In the future, vinegar may be hard to come by!  Lacto-fermentation just needs salt and herbs (I think).  Salt is stockable, but distilled vinegar is more difficult!


No comments:

Post a Comment