Saturday, August 10, 2013

TSC for rabbits and tractor equipment


Katherine and I went to WalMart and TSC this morning, since it was raining and too wet to do anything else.

At TSC we bought a long hitch extension (the top part of the 3-pt hitch) for the chipper.  Was $41 - which seemed reasonable.

TSC also had plenty of rabbit feed (several brands and choices), but did not have any cages or hutches.  While I was there I did go out back and look at the tractor equipment.  They had an interesting item called a center plow that looks perfect for opening up ditches (they said it was good for planting and digging potatoes, as well).  Didn't see a price on it, but if I had had my van instead on the car, I would have done an impulse buy!

Neither Walmart nor TSC had Mrs Wages pickle mixes (they were out), but we did find them at the Houstontown Market for the same price (about $3 per mix).  BTW: you can mail order from amazon for less than a $1 per mix! [see:  Mrs-Wages-Bread-Butter-Pickling , Mrs-Wages-Quick-Process-Pickle ]

Last night I left a 'contact me' message at The Happy Rabbit Farm.  I haven't heard anything back yet, but its a weekend and I am sure they are plenty busy.

Sources for rabbit cages: Bassequipment  and klubertanz are recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment