Saturday, September 28, 2013

Farm status


Drove up to farm early(ish) this morning.  Got here around 10:15am.  Forgot to bring the pumpkin that I processed last night.  Mowed around the paw-paw patch (the paw-paws themselves didn't need it).  Also mowed around the persimmons - was able to mow a lot of the brush area because its been so dry.  I am tempted to run the tiller over some of that area to smooth it out and maybe add some dirt so it doesn't get so wet.

Anyway, I surveyed the place - the radishes are up!  Here are some pics:




I went to Kellers and got some fuel and a sandwich.  Also stopped at HT Market and got some candy and apples.  After we got home (Smokey is with me) I ate the sandwich and WAY too much candy.  Napped for a while then went out to work on clearing around the red-barn.  While over there I noticed that the rose hips are ripe:



Maybe I will pick some tomorrow.  I worked on clearing the trees i knocked down last week.  I got the chainsaw chain into the dirt a couple times so thats going to need sharpening.  I dragged off a bunch of the trees and brambles near the big field - maybe I will burn those some day.  Didn't finish.  Still pretty tired.  I want to pick the cabbage and start another run of sauerkraut before I leave this weekend.  I am thinking of sending Seth a text message asking when we can arrange shipping my backhoe.  I really have lots of ideas of using it!  Just tonight I was thinking that the grounds around the red barn need to be smoothed and re-graded. Also, the bridge i waned to cross the streams is possible now!  I think I have enough long logs for the spans and with a backhoe I can put in posts much more effectively. 



No comments:

Post a Comment