Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ketchup!


Katherine and I are making ketchup with the Mrs Wages mix tonight.  Judging by the looks of the tomatoes we will be caught up maybe until the weekend - that is to say, the tomatoes that are left are still pretty green.  Canned about 7 pints of ketchup (actually 8 - but didn't can one pint).  NOTE: Mrs Wages ketchup is not very good!

Couldn't find the squeeze-o tomato juicer gadget.  We suspect it may be in the old chest in the living room, but I will order one anyway so that we have one for the PA house too.

I ordered the Victorio strainer instead - $55 versus almost $200 for the squeezo!  Also, I ordered extra set of strainers to handle berries and pumpkins!  I also ordered a glass turkey baster to use as a wine thief and a agitator for carboys for my next step in wine making!




No comments:

Post a Comment