Saturday, September 28, 2013

Roasted tomato sauce and pumpkin


I cleaned up the tomatoes a bit; lots of them on the verge (or just past) of going bad.  Did the roasted tray method with them.  I got 7 1.5 pint jars first batch and 6 1.5 pint jars second batch (total of 9 3/4 quarts).  Should really have done more, but its too late tonight and I need to go to farm tomorrow.

I also started processing the pumpkins.  I figured I would freeze most of them since its just easier and most pumpkin will be used for puree (pie, custard, etc).  I did 4 pints of puree.  I ran it through the squeeze-o and then pureed it in the vitamix.  Turned out very smooth.  The pumpkin is in wide mouth pints, ready to be frozen - I will take it up with me tomorrow and freeze it at the farm (more room in that freezer).






No comments:

Post a Comment